KILMUN COMMUNITY COUNCIL
MINUTES OF MEETING
14th November 2017 held at Blairmore Hall, Blairmore 7.30PM.
Brian Tester (Convenor), Russell Humphreys (Treasurer) Janet Holm (Secretary), Graham Revill, Diane Nicholson. Lachlan Macquarie, Kirsty Husband and Fraser Smith.
Also Present, Councillor A Reid, Agnes Harvey (BVT) D Mckenzie (LATNP), Eileen Connell (ACC) and Ken Young (local resident to talk about experience of community benefit from windfarms)
APOLOGIES: Andy Mullen, PC Donald MacKay, Councillor Y McNeilly, Councillor G. Blair,
2. DECLARATION OF INTEREST: None
3. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING:
Proposed: Brian Tester
Seconded: Russell Humphreys Carried
4. MATTERS ARISING NOT ON THE AGENDA
5. TREASURER’S REPORT
Carried Forward: £1370.85
Received + £2598.00 Gardening Grant from A&BC
Spent - £1091.00 Chipper
- £41.00 Defibrillator pads
Balance at 14thNovember 2017 £2920.30
A further grant of £5040 is due to be received from SSE
6. POLICE REPORT
PC Donald MacKay was not present at meeting but sent a written report as follows:
- Since the last meeting there have been 21 incidents.
- These have resulted in 2 crime reports being - 1 male reported for multiple road traffic offences and 1 male reported for minor Firearms related offences.
- There is a month long campaign for November to raise awareness of Livestock Worrying which has been circulated via Rural Watch.
- If anyone hasn't yet signed up via www.ruralwatchscotland.co.uk can they please do so.
- Acquisitive crime also rises at this time of year in the lead up to Christmas so can I please remind everyone to secure their homes, vehicles and items of value accordingly.
- LLTNP - Camping Management Byelaws - End of first season update - Kilmun Community Council
- Argyll and Bute Local Development Plan 2 - Main Issues Report Consultation - The Main Issue Report consultation will run for 8 weeks from Monday 16th October until Monday 11th December 2017. You can view the report and respond to the consultation online athttps://www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/ldp2. The documents can also be found at all public libraries and the council offices at 1a Manse Brae, Lochgilphead, PA31 8RD.
- Community Council Meeting: Local Development Plan 2 - Main Issues Report - The Bute & Cowal Community Councils meeting has been arranged for Thursday 23rd November 2017 in the Pier Building, Dunoon starting at 6.30pm. You are hereby cordially invited to send up to two delegates from your Community Council to this meeting. Please RSVP if you are intending to send delegates to the meeting. - To be decided who will represent KCC
- PLANNING APPLICATIONS
The following planning applications have been submitted to LLTNP
- 2017/0357/HAE - Alteration to rear window to form a single French door Flat 2 Craigard Shore Road - Application
- 2017/0361/DET-consultation on erection of dwelling house with single detached garage Plo1 1 Napier Point. B Tester had received neighbour notification on this application and said that he had no objections to the adaptions to the planning.
9. Talk about Community payback from Windfarm developments
Ken Young, a local resident who moved to Kilmun a year ago, described his experience with voluntary groups in Fintry Stirlingshire where 2 windfarms have been built over the last 12 years ago. He described how negotiations were done with groups when there wasn’t agreement to how the monies should be shared. The latest windfarm has been easier to manage because of experience gained. They used Foundation Scotland to help with negotiations.
9. Community Matters
Liaison/communication with other local organisations / groups
Work is still progressing on the Cowal Communities Collaborative Calendar. There is a link to the calendar on the Kilmun and Ardentinny website.
- A collaborative event led by KCC and ACC. Festive lunch on the 18th December at Younger Hall for the whole shore to meet and enjoy good food and entertainment. We have booked Younger Hall, Kilmun for Monday 18th December 12.30 to 3.30 and have the Strone Primary school children coming to sing.
KCC committee agreed to give a £50 donation towards the cost of the event.
- Fund raising event with Historic Kilmun at Uig Hall: a 'quiz and cocktails' evening.
The event is on Friday 1st December. We have a quizmaster - Audrey Forrest/Fiona Lochhead. We have recipes for cocktails - we need tombola prizes, folk who want to take part in the quiz, cocktail shakers etc.
- The Strone Primary School Parent Council are holding our annual Soup & Sandwich event from 12 till 3pm on the 18th November at The Younger Hall, Kilmun. Our aim is to raise money for the school and the cost will be £3.50 per adult and £1.50 per child.
Flower tubs etc. – funding A&BC Funding
- The Shore Sweepers plan to begin to tackle the Brae garden at the bottom of Strone Brae
Defibrillator at Younger Hall Kilmun
- The defibrillator is now placed outside The Younger Hall. A list was made of people who are interested in training on the use of the defibrillator.
- It was agreed that the defibrillator should have no lock on it.
Blairmore Hall Consultation
Agnes Harvey outlined for the committee how the circumstances has changed for Blairmore Hall since plans for development for the hall were drawn up 2 – 3 years ago. A dialogue meeting will be held with Blairmore Hall Association and Blairmore Village Trust the next evening.
Grass Cutting Graham’s Point
10. DISCUSSIONS A&BC LOCAL COUNCILLOR AND NATIONAL PARK REPRESENTATIVE
Argyll and Bute Council Representative
Councillor Reid reported that he has emailed Allan McDonald and he was told that the proposal for the toilet at the Church had not been taken forward. On his investigation Councillor Reid could see that the proposal had not been taken forward from the December 15/16 meeting. A Reid to peruse this issue about what had happened to the funds from the sale of the toilets at Kilmun Pier, which were to be used to upgrade the toilets at the cemetery.
Residents questioned why the painting of the white lines on the road stopped at Grahams Point. Also, it was raised that the rumble strip had not been reinstated at the section that was widened to make a pedestrian walkway and also that this section had also become narrower.
D McKenzie (National Park)
David McKenzie said that there was not much to report. He said that the Final Draft Plan would be published and as KCC was one of a few CC’s to have comments on the draft that KCC should look at the report when it is published on the 29th November to see if any of the suggestions given have been included.
Feedback about the Camping Management Zone had been overall positive. KCC and ACC were advised to keep an eye on possible displacement of wild camping from the Loch Lomond area.
David also told the KCC about work that is being done on the possibility of s fixed link to join Cowal. A grant of £10,000 to undertake an economic assessment is being applied for. Transport Scotland will give funding if A&BC and HIE contribute.
Residents asked about the forestry work that is being undertaken above Westfield at present and the working hours that were being done and whether they contravened the agreement Forestry Commission Scotland FCS made when they were given planning to create the forestry access at Midge Lane. David McKenzie with check this with the National Park.
Benmore & Kilmun Community Development Trust (BKCDT)
Victor reported that at the recent AGM of the BKCDT the new chairperson was Bernie Connor and Janet Holm was also now a director
Moira Tester of Shore Sweepers had also been awarded volunteer of the year at the recent Gathering of the Community Partnership.
Blairmore Village Trust (BVT)
Agnes Harvey reported that ‘The Hub’ had received an award as of Organisation of the Year at the recent at the recent Gathering of the Community Partnership.
She also said that Blairmore Gardens had been asked if they could accommodate some volunteers in January.
The Trust also has a grant application in with the National Park that is due to be discussed on Friday.
An engineer has looked the High Road Blairmore for feasibility for improvement and at proposals for drainage and sewerage for proposed holiday homes.
Blairmore Village Trust will make the sandwiches for the Festive Lunch.
11. Matters arising out of Community Action Plan
An initial meeting for steering group has been organised for Monday 20th November
12. CURRENT ISSUES
Argyll Community Planning Group (ACPG)
Caucus of Community Councils
A880 Walkway & Safety Barrier, Pavement Invereck to Cot House
Councillor Reid reported that there was no budget available and that the probable cost to do the work would be £65 - £70 thousand pounds. Suggestion was made to ask Sustrans if funding could be released for the council to apply for funding to extend the cycle / walking pathway. Cemetery Toilets
Discussed in Councillor Reid’s report.
Meeting has been arranged for January. The process towards the next steps has been commenced.
13. Archived issues
14. Any other competent business
Russell Humphries reported that A&BC have updated the equipment in the emergency bag that was out of date.
Place: Blairmore Hall, Blairmore
Date: Tuesday December 12th at 7.30pm.
Meetings held Second Tuesday each month alternating between Younger & Blairmore Halls