Storm Caroline Storm Warning
Sent on behalf of ReadyScotland
With weather warnings in place for parts of Scotland due to Storm Caroline, the Ready Scotland digital warnings have been activated. It is anticipated that these warnings will run from now until Friday morning. Ready Scotland activity will focus on Northern Scotland, including the Western Isles and the North East where very high winds are expected. However, Central Highlands and the north of the Central Belt may also experience high winds and snow.
Ready Scotland advice people who live in affected areas to:
• Secure any lose outdoor objects around your property, like guttering, pipes, roof tiles and fences
• Park your car away from trees and walls
• Keep a supply of non-perishable food for your family and pets
• If you have to travel, allow extra time and take a winter car kit with jump leads, a phone charger, warm jacket and blanket
• Think about a friend or neighbour who may need extra help.